Life is better on the corner, the place where great wines meet reasonable prices!




Monday, June 24, 2013

Wine Collections: Dos and Don'ts

"There's nothing serious in mortality. All is but toys; renown and grace is dead, The wine of life is drawn, and the mere lees is left this vault to brag of. " ~ William Shakespeare

Once the wine bug has bit, it's difficult, if not impossible to want to start collecting different wines. You want to explore, you [hopefully] want to try new things, but you're just not quite sure where to start. If that is you, then I've got some great news for you. 

Because I've [and the @1WineDude] contributed to an article recently about building a wine collection and how to avoid some common pitfalls. A fun and informative read; which I believe answers many of the questions that a young novice wine-drinker may have about the in and outs of starting a wine collection. The funny thing is tho, I don't believe neither Joe nor myself realized we were answering very similar questions that would appear in the same piece. But that said, this is honestly the kind of advice I wish I had, back when I got started.

Below are some of the types of questions you'll see answered with blunt honesty, acquired from years of experience, trial and error. 
  • What are some of the basics I should have in a well-balanced wine collection? 
  • How can I tell if an expensive wine is worth the price? 
  • When I find a wine I like, what do I need to know to find other wines like it? 
  • How can I try new wines without spending a lot of money? 
So whether your ambitions are just for a couple of cases that you wish to keep on hand or something a bit more serious like actually collecting and storing wines to age; I think the advice contained in this article will help you get moving in the right direction. 

What is better than one golden rule, how about fifteen? Because you don't want to be tied-down [see above] to any particular formula or method when you start building a wine collection, I've found one more article that I know will provide [similar] sage advice. Until next time folks remember life is short, so sip long and prosper cheers!
Get this widget

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...