Travel Tuesday: The Jet-Bag Uncorked


"The art of art, the glory of expression and the sunshine of the light of letters, is simplicity." - Walt Whitman

You’ve just traveled to an amazing wine destination, scored a couple great bottles but, uggh how do you get those treasures home in the checked luggage without fear of bottle breaking in transport and potentially ruining the other content inside.

We all know these days that traveling with wine or other libations can be a tricky prospect at best. We’ve all experienced the heightened and increasingly tightened security restrictions, all of which means that killer bottle of Bordeaux that you just had to have, will end up in the cargo hold of that dream-liner you may be flying back in.

So the question is; how do you ensure that your wine will arrive safely when your suitcase is thrown on to baggage-claim belts with reckless abandon; after all we know these dedicated airline employees are in a hurry to get your bags returned to you quickly as possible. If you find yourself looking for a quick and handy solution to protect your precious cargo, while at the same time insuring that your clothes won't be getting the wine tye-dye treatment if the hastily clothes wrapped bottle doesn't survive the journey.

If so, I have answer for you, it comes in the form of the light-weight, zip-locked, absorbency-lined Jet-Bag, a product I received as a sample and one I used on many of my own trips to wine-country. It really works well; I like the diaper-like absorbent material that lines the inside of the bag, which as I tested does provide adequate protection from leaks.

The only down-side; I could find is that Champagne bottles are a no-go for this product, their bottoms are just too wide for this standard Bordeaux shaped bag. I did attempt to force one, it just ripped the bag and prevented the zipper to be secured. But that was the only bottle style in my collection, that I could not fit into the bag. Other than that, I highly recommend this product to you, they sell on Amazon, just $15 for three. Until next time folks, sip long and prosper cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts