Life is better on the corner, the place where great wines meet reasonable prices!




Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Wine of the Week: 2009 Domaine Jean Collet et Fils [Chablis]

“One cannot think well, love well, and sleep well, if one has not dined well.” ― Virginia Woolf

I would've never guessed that a bottle of Chablis would be my wine of the week, but yet there it is, just mocking me, taunting me and not caring one little bit if I thought it was worthy or not to be the wine of the week.

But yet this it's this very tasty Chablis, which I'm recommending this week. But I do so with a bit of caution; if you're already a Chablis-convert you possibly could be sadly disappointed in this wine. And why you ask; because it's produced in a style, one that many would call a modern or non-traditional. Simply put, this wine is made to appeal to a larger audience, leaving behind much of its enamel-obliterating, mostly bone-dry personality behind and, instead focusing on far more well-rounded appealing qualities. 

What are those qualities? Immediate approachability, a rich-round mouth feel, a vein of acidity [just not the entire mine] blended nicely with a drop of honey-oil and fascinating minerality [but not the whole sea-shell collection]. I sampled this wine luke-warm, but with a bit on chill [very slight] put upon the bottle, its flavors and aromas perked up nicely, making for a delightful pairing with the fish-tacos from my favorite hole-in-the-wall place here in San Diego.

So if you'd like to get your hands of a bottle of this fantastic Chablis, here's the place you can get it, enjoy. I scored this wine 90 points, it's not a classic, but it's classically easy to get along with and instantly enjoyable. Until next time folks, sip long and prosper cheers!

Full Disclosure: This is one of the wines featured on the weekly [brand-new] twitter chat-room called #WineStudio. I sampled this wine at the studio and drew my impressions on this wines quality and character from the bottle provided by the folks at Protocol Wine Studio. 
Get this widget

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...