Wine of the Week: 2009 Domaine Jean Collet et Fils [Chablis]

“One cannot think well, love well, and sleep well, if one has not dined well.” ― Virginia Woolf

I would've never guessed that a bottle of Chablis would be my wine of the week, but yet there it is, just mocking me, taunting me and not caring one little bit if I thought it was worthy or not to be the wine of the week.

But yet this it's this very tasty Chablis, which I'm recommending this week. But I do so with a bit of caution; if you're already a Chablis-convert, you possibly could be sadly disappointed in this wine. And why you ask; because it's produced in a style, one that many would call a modern or non-traditional. Simply put, this wine is made to appeal to a broader audience, leaving behind much of its enamel-obliterating, bone-dry personality and, focusing on far more appealing qualities.

What are those qualities? Immediate approachability, a rich-round mouthfeel, a vein of acidity [just not the entire mine] blended nicely with a drop of honey-oil and fascinating minerality [but not the whole sea-shell collection]. I sampled this wine luke-warm, but with a bit on chill [very slight] put upon the bottle, its flavors and aromas perked up nicely, making for a delightful pairing with the fish-tacos from my favorite hole-in-the-wall place here in San Diego.

So if you'd like to get your hands of a bottle of this fantastic Chablis, here's the place you can get it, enjoy. I scored this wine 90 points, it's not a classic, but it's classically easy to get along with and instantly enjoyable. Until next time folks, sip long and prosper cheers!

Full Disclosure: This is one of the wines featured on the weekly [brand-new] twitter chat-room called #WineStudio. I sampled this wine at the studio and drew my impressions on this wines quality and character from the bottle provided by the folks at Protocol Wine Studio.

Comments

Popular Posts