Life is better on the corner, the place where great wines meet reasonable prices!

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Wine of the Week: 2010 Mario's Vineyard, Trinchero Napa Valley

Music takes us out of the actual and whispers to us dim secrets that startle our wonder as to who we are... ~ RW Emerson

As many of you may know or have heard; I've stepped from behind the keyboard and onto the playing field as it was. Not only do I make recommendations from the lofty ivory tower of my blog, twitter, vivino, delectable; [soapbox] but I also take those opinions to the sales floor, where I get to mingle with fellow vinosapiens and the purveyors of fermented juice much to the delight of both. I do love this journey I'm on, and I look forward to even more exciting adventures in the wine business. I have gotten my bearings and its full steam ahead.

Honestly, I have far less time to write, but there are days like today, where I have the luxury of extra time to string together a few words and share with you a truly remarkable wine I happened upon languishing on my stores shelves. It was purchased [current sale price $32] a couple weeks ago, and allowed to properly rest in the cellar before being uncorked and its beauty revealed. It's a wine which comes from a great family who've I've not met, and whose property I've only driven by in the past.

The reason I'm compelled to share this wine with you via my long overdue wine of the week column is simple; with so few 'Napa' wines hitting the mark so surely, this folks is a textbook example of how it's done right. I dropped this bad boy in the decanter, and spilled a few ounces into a proper stem as well. Tasting this wine is a pure pleasure, it reminds me of a left bank Bordeaux; lean where it should be, vivid acid taming abundant fruit, tannins finely honed over time, and the wonderfully stunning minerality is found in abundance.

The finish is long and lasting, and its memory is still in my thoughts. The structure of this wine could easily go another 10 years. Plums, cocoa dust, blackberries, cassis, cedar and dried underbrush. You can spend more, but you honestly won't get more, until next folks remember life is short, so sip long and prosper cheers!

Get this widget

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...