Life is better on the corner, the place where great wines meet reasonable prices!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Road Trip: Santa Lucia Highlands of Monterey County

"Pinot Noir is a wonderful varietal that produces intriguing wines of great complexity.” ~ Veteran Winemaker Joel Aiken

As Spring has been sprung, summer vacation planning is in full swing for many of us. I'm no exception, so I'll be packing the blog-up to take on the road with me to the wonderful Santa Lucia Highlands. One of California's premier wine-destinations that I've always talked about visiting, but had somehow never made the time. 

So I'm about to scratch this one area off my list with a short visit coming up in a couple of weeks. I couldn't be more excited. I'm busy lining up a few places I'd like to stop during my stay, but with so much to see and really only enough time to plumb the depths, I'll have to plan wisely. 

Over the years, I've written about many of the great wines to be found here. But the one varietal which seems to excel here is Pinot Noir, unfortunately for many this AVA flies under-the-proverbial-radar. I know many folks wine-geeks like myself are excited about this region already. But I was hoping to shine a new light on it for the everyday garden variety vino-sapiens who may be looking for something new. 

The video above gives just a small taste of the sights and sounds I'll be seeing shortly and I hope you enjoy it. And just below is a video about the Mer Soleil Vineyards I'll be visiting first-hand myself. Until then I still have ten days or so of planning left and a few other posts to write before hitting the wine-trail once again. So as always remember "life is short" so sip long and prosper cheers!

Get this widget

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...