Travel Tuesday: Sonoma Canopy Tours

Wow, this is going to be an amazing road-trip this week, as Mrs. Cuvee, my son and I embark on a week long odyssey, exploring the best of both Sonoma and Napa Valley. There is so much to see and do, it's hard to know where to start. But from Zip-lines to medieval Tuscan Castles, we plan to squeeze as much into this trip as humanly possible. More exciting is this will be my son's very first time in either Napa or the Sonoma Valley and can't wait to share with him all the reasons cork-dorks like me are always up for a visit.

Often when you think about a trip to Sonoma, you think wine-tasting, busy tasting rooms, vineyards and avoiding the wine-club pitch. But what you may have not thought about, I know I didn't; was going on a Zip-Lining adventure through majestic old-growth forest, my feet skimming past the tops of a coastal Redwood forest, climbing up a spiral staircase like Robinson Crusoe and sailing across a deep natural ravine almost 300 feet below.

A visit to Sonoma Canopy Tours makes for a fun family outing, it also makes for a great destination to day-trip from San Francisco for a few quick, but zippy hours of fresh air and beautiful surroundings. I'm really looking forward to my first "real" zipline adventure, I'll let you know how it turns out. Until next time sip long and prosper, cheers!

Comments

J. Eyer said…
Going zip-lining was an absolutely fantastic experience!!!
I highly reccommend It!!! Also a visit to Freestone vineyards just off the Bohemian highway is a great visit!!!

Popular Posts