Wine of the Week: 2008 Poliziano Rosso di Montepulciano

Wine cheers the sad, revives the old, inspires the young, and makes weariness forget his toil. --Lord Byron

I was both inspired and revived a bit after a long day in the salt-mines after uncorking this beautiful Italian stunner the other night. And you'll be as well if you follow my lead. This wine is both generous and, amazingly approachable right out of the chute. No real fuss or muss needed, but I'd recommend decanting for an hour to unlock this wines full potential. 

It's a gorgeous blend of 80% Sangiovese and 20% Merlot; a wine which smoothly and I'll say effortlessly pair with a variety of cuisines. This wine comes locked, cocked and ready to rock, a wine with real soul, substance and great texture. The tannins are well integrated, like the drummer from your favorite band, it rocks!

Gobs of freshly picked red cherries, dark plums and, rich earth which sails gracefully across your palate, leaving you with a long finish. This wines sell for an SRP of $28 and can still be found in good supply if you know where to look and, my score on this wine is 91 points. Fortunately for those interested, I do, so if you want to score a few bottles, please let me know.

Full Disclosure: This wine was NOT a sample, I purchased this delightful wine with my cold hard cash via the sweat of my brow. I receive zero incentives if you happen to acquire a few bottles of this wine for yourself. I only bring this wine to your attention in the interest of drinking better and, in the hope of broadening your vinous horizons. So until next time remember to sip long and prosper cheers!

Comments

Will Eyer said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts